[AMBER] Amber 12 - Check for updates failed

From: Shaw, Sharon <sharon.shaw.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 19:08:26 +0000

Hi,
I am trying to build Amber 12 on Linux x86_64 with Intel 12.1 compiler+libs.
I am having problems with the installation when it tries
to go to the Amber website to download patches. I work
behind a corporate firewall, so the downloading of patches fails:

% cd $AMBERHOME
% ./configure intel
Checking for updates...
Error: Could not connect to http://ambermd.org in 10.00 seconds
Check for updates failed.

I went to the Amber website to see if I could download the AmberTools12
and Amber12 patches myself. Each currently has 2 bugfixes, but I do not
know how to apply these patches.

I would appreciate someone telling me how to do this.

Regards,

Sharon Shaw
Hewlett-Packard Co.
High Performance Computing