Re: [AMBER] abertools12 installation failure

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 12:54:14 -0400

On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 3:53 AM, Francesco Pietra <chiendarret.gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello:
> Under Debian GNU-Linux amd64, having amber10 and an installation of
> ambertools1.5, I was trying to install ambertools12, wishing to have
> xleap.
>
> Recreated .bashrc for ambertools12/amber10, I got errors at
>
> ./configure gnu

> Downloading bugfix.1
> Applying AmberTools12_patches
> Moving bugfix.1 to AmberTools_Applied_Patches
> ERROR: the X11 libraries are not in the usual location!
>
> There is also a suggestio "On Ubuntu OS's install the xorg-dev package
>
> To this concern I dare saying that Debian users are currently
> threatened by developers of Linux applications referreing to Ubuntu
> and never to debian. actually, Ubuntu is taking Debian, introducing
> some bugs, and then having gained the media.
>
> Actually, the requested libraries on Debian amd64 wheezy (testing) are
> located in

This problem is specific to Wheezy, since the current release of Debian
works fine following the Ubuntu instructions. If I'm reading correctly,
Wheezy isn't even expected to be released until next year, so it's not
unusual that something like this would happen.

All the best,

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida
Ph.D. Candidate