Re: [AMBER] :Re: "closest" command in cpptraj

From: Alfredo Quevedo <alfredoq.fcq.unc.edu.ar>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 11:22:32 -0300

Dan, as you state I assumed that "closeswaters" and "closest" are the
same. However I get different results with the same script:

1) ptraj input:

trajin complex.mdcrd 1 10
center :1-554
image center familiar
strip :Na+
closestwaters 10 :LIG
trajout complex_closestWAT.mdcrd trajectory

with this output I get the trajectory containing the whole complex with
10 molecules sorrounding the ligand.

2) cpptraj input

complex.mdcrd 1 10
center :1-554
image center familiar
strip :Na+
closest 10 :LIG first closestout fila.dat outprefix closest
trajout complex_closestWAT.mdcrd trajectory

In this case I get a trajectory containing only the ligand sorrounded by
10 water molecules.

best regards

Alfredo