Re: [AMBER] problem with "make test.parallel" for AMBER12

From: Marc van der Kamp <marcvanderkamp.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 09:34:10 +0100

Dear Jason,

Thanks for the reply!
I probably should have elaborated a little more - I did also try using the
$PBS_NODEFILE, i.e. with
DO_PARALLEL="$AMBERHOME/bin/mpirun -np 2 --hostfile \$PBS_NODEFILE"

When I do 'make test' with this, I get the following:
Open RTE was unable to open the hostfile:
    $PBS_NODEFILE
Check to make sure the path and filename are correct.

And, as I wrote in the original post, a job-submission file with a single
sander.MPI job in it did run and complete as normal, both with and without
specifying the hostfile.

However, when I use the equivalent job submission file to run the
cytosine-test:
#!/bin/bash -f
#
#PBS -l nodes=1:ppn=4
#PBS -q veryshort
#PBS -N test
#PBS -j oe
#
export AMBERHOME="/users/chmwvdk/amber12"
cd $AMBERHOME/test/cytosine/
export MYEXE="$AMBERHOME/bin/sander.MPI"
mpirun -np 4 $MYEXE -O -i in.md -c crd.md.23 -o cytosine.out

I get the same behaviour as with 'make test', i.e. the job 'stalls' after
section 4 - no TIMINGS are printed; the same is true when I include
"--hostfile $PBS_NODEFILE" in the above job submission file. (BTW, I do get
the "Final Performance Info" in mdinfo)

What can this be caused by?

Thanks again,
Marc