Re: [AMBER] parallelization of paramfit in ambertools12

From: Robin Betz <rbetz.ucsd.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 23:00:51 -0700

Hi Francesco,

That helps much. I am only interested in paramfit, so that the second
> option is what I want. However, is it any configuration to parallelize
> paramfit on more that two processors?

OpenMP will automatically set the number of threads equal to the number of
processors- the output I listed just said 2 as an example. If you wish to
manually set the number of threads, export OMP_NUM_THREADS=*n* where n is
the integer number of threads to use.

More importantly, is it any hope to adjust vdw params for atoms that
> are not comprised in antechamber? I mean that I plan to choose by
> intuition such params and hope that paramfit will correct them
> appropriately.

Paramfit only fits bonded forces, and does not change any nonbonded
parameters (vdw, hbonds, etc). I'm not too familiar with how to calculate
nonbonded parameters, but there seem to be a couple previous threads that
can help:
http://ambermd.org/Questions/vdw.html
 http://archive.ambermd.org/200504/0376.html
http://archive.ambermd.org/201107/0357.html