Re: [AMBER] Error compiling pmemd.cuda.MPI

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 09:21:49 -0700

Hi Alfredo,

> Good morning. I am trying to compile pmemd.cuda.MPI from Amber12 but I
> am getting the error listed below. I followed a previous thread to
> tackle the problem (http://archive.ambermd.org/201203/0446.html) but I
> was not able to make things work. I understand that the problem lies in
> that the compiler does not knows were to look for mpi.h.
> After typing: find -name mpi.h I get the following output:
>
> ./AmberTools/src/mpich2-1.4.1p1/src/include/mpi.h
> ./AmberTools/src/openmpi-1.5.5/ompi/include/mpi.h
> ./include/mpi.h

I am assuming you have installed the parallel version of the CPU code,
sander.MPI and pmemd.MPI without issue. If not make sure you can compile
these first.

Can you do:

which mpif90
echo $MPI_HOME

I suspect your MPI files (the library and include files) are installed in
non standard places, or alternatively your MPI_HOME is set wrong.

All the best
Ross

/\
\/