Re: [AMBER] closest command

From: Qiong Zhang <qiong.zhang.qzh.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 11:41:05 -0400

Hi Dan,

Yes, I visualized comp-696w.top /comp-696w.mdcrd. It is right that there
are 696 closest waters to the residues 1-390 (in which there are 6028 atoms
in residue 1-390.)

In the PDB file (first.Closest.pdb) produced from cpptraj, there are also
indeed 10 closest waters to the residues 1-390.

So I think in the closestmols.dat, FirstAtm is the atom index for the O in
closest waters, which are exactly 6028, 6031, 6034, ...6055. The reason why
Mol. numbers always 0-9 is that in the comp-696w.mdcrd the water molecules
are already reordered according to their closeness to residue1-390. So it
is always the first 10 water molecules in comp-696w.mdcrd to be selected to
be the closest 10 waters. Is there anything wrong here please?

What I can not understand is the distance values. Why are they zero? What
distance should be in this column please?

Thanks again for your reply!

Qiong