Re: [AMBER] Query regarding Amber Installation

From: Somnath Nandy <somnath.netcominfotech.in>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 16:39:40 +0530

Dear Sir/ Madam,

One of our prestigious customer(educational institute) wants to use Amber12
and AmberTools v12. They wants to run AMBER in parallel.

Now my query is – whether it is possible to run AMBER Parallel in one
system, having more than one CPU with at least 8 core in each CPU?

OR

For Parallel operation, we need at least 2 Systems, in Master – Slave
configuration on a high speed network, with MPI enabled on both the system?

Waiting for your reply.

With warm Regards,

Somnath Nandy | Netcom Infotech P Ltd. | 95A, A. J. C. Bose Road | 1st floor
| Kolkata 700 014 | Phone/Fax : 22265256-58 | Cell : 9874012225

HP | LENOVO | APPLE | IBM | ACER | DELL | TOSHIBA | FUJITSU | MICROSOFT |
VMWARE | SYMENTEC | JUNIPER | APC
Servers | Storage | Networking | Desktop | Notebook | Workstations | Thin
Client | Tablet  | Software | Firewall | Plotter  | Printer | Multi Function
Printer | Office Automation | Large Format Display | UPS

Disclaimer:
This e-mail contains confidential information belonging to Netcom & is
intended solely for the Addresses. The unauthorized disclosure, use
dissemination or copying (either whole or partial of this e-mail, or any
information it contains), is prohibited. E-mail is susceptible to alteration
and their integrity cannot be guaranteed. Netcom shall not be liable of this
e-mail if modified or falsified. If you are not the intended recipient of
this e-mail, please delete it immediately from your system & notify the
sender of the wrong delivery and the mail deletion.

One of our prestigious customer(educational institute) wants to use Amber12
and AmberTools v12. They wants to run AMBER in parallel.

Now my query is – whether it is possible to run AMBER in a system having
more than one CPU with at least 8 core in each CPU

OR

For parallel operation, at least 2 Systems are required in Master – Slave