Re: [AMBER] parameters for Lys-sugar P2N file

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 14:13:55 +0200

Dear Urszula,

> I prepared the pdb file for peptide-sugar for RED with different
> conformations, please see attachment (pdb and p2n files). I run
> Anter Red to get P2N file, but I think that there is something
> strange with that ... could you have a look at it ?

I think you made some errors...

See an example of P2N file for a dipeptide with 2 conformations at:
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-1.php#EXAMPLE-P2N-FILE

How to prepare this file?
You create a PDB file for each conformation of your molecule WITH hydrogens
Let's say your selected four conformations based on... some rules:
   -> you need to create four PDB files
       . these 4 conformations MUST have the same atom order!
       . atom connectivities are not required
       . each input geometry has be correct so that the atom
connectivities to be created by Ante_R.E.D. are correct as well

 From these four conformations to the PDB file format; you run
Ante_R.E.D. 2.0 from R.E.D. Server (although in your case Ante_R.E.D.
1.x should do the job, I think - to be checked). -> so you generate 4
P2N files.

 From these four P2N files (same atom order; once again - so identical
atom connectivities are created: do you agree with these atom
connectivities? check them carefully as they will reflect the topology
of your molecule in the mol2 file generated by R.E.D. and in the
prmtop file generated by LEaP; see
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-1.php#1; if the
input geometry of each PDB input file is correct the atom
connectivities should be correct) you will create a new P2N file
composed of four conformations using your favorite text editor:
Let's name the four P2N files: Mol1.p2n Mol2.p2n Mol3.p2n Mol4.p2n
The new P2N file will be : Mol.p2n

cat Mol1.p2n > Mol.p2n
echo TER >> Mol.p2n
cat Mol2.p2n > Mol.p2n
echo TER >> Mol.p2n
cat Mol3.p2n > Mol.p2n
echo TER >> Mol.p2n
cat Mol4.p2n > Mol.p2n
echo END >> Mol.p2n (not required in fact)

edit Mol.p2n with your text editor:
- remove all the atom connectivities except the first occurrences
(i.e. keep only these defining the 1st conformation).
- remove all the headers except the first occurrence (a header is
composed of the different REMARK keywords at the beginning of each of
your Mol1.p2n Mol2.p2n Mol3.p2n Mol4.p2n files).
- add the two INTRA-MCC as you did it for the P2N file you sent to the
Amber mailing list.

I CC this email in the q4md-fft mailing list as it might be useful
there as well...

As usual, if something is not clear enough post a new query...

regards, Francois

> I am planning to use RESP-A1 charging model

Yes

Personally, I think this is the simplest way in a first approach; to
be validated however; this means _Amber_ scaling factor for 1-4
electrostatic interactions have to be used.

regards, Francois