Re: [AMBER] Fwd: error in making prmtop & inpcrd for ligand-protein complex

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 00:17:01 -0400

Visualize your system. In particular, check that any disulfide bonds that should be there are. Note--use VMD or some other program that can directly load amber topologies so that each (and only) the bonds that the prmtop contains are shown.

My guess is that you are missing disulfide bonds. You need to change CYS to CYX for the cysteine residues involved in a Cys-Cys disulfide bond. Also, if you remove the CONECT records, you need to manually add the missing S-S bonds using the 'bond' command in tleap.

This should be described in the AmberTools manual under the leap chapter.

HTH,

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida
Ph.D. Candidate
352-392-4032
On Apr 4, 2012, at 11:39 PM, Muhammad Aditya Setiajid <setiajid11.yahoo.com> wrote:

> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: Aditya Setiajid <setiajid11.yahoo.com>
>> Date: April 3, 2012 5:48:44 PM GMT+07:00
>> To: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
>> Subject: Re: [AMBER] error in making prmtop & inpcrd for ligand-protein complex
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Thank you Mr.Jason for your advice, but i haven't tried that..
>>
>> I have tried edited my pdb file, i erased all conect in pdb file and i added TER in the terminal of ligand data, finally it's worked. i did make the prmtop and inpcrd file for the protein-ligand complex. here i attached my edited pdb file
>>
>> I want to ask whether i did it properly? or there is any problem if i erased the conect data in my pdb file?
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Muhammad Aditya
>> University of Indonesia

>>> 2. loadamberparams [file].frcmod