Re: [AMBER] How to set VMD_PLUGIN_PATH ? (in order to analysis mdcrd by GROMACS directly)

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2012 11:46:03 -0400

Have you tried posing this question to the VMD mailing list? You would
probably get a more helpful answer (or at least a more helpful answer
more quickly) asking on that list.

I don't imagine too many Amber developers or users that frequent this
list try to do what you're trying on a regular basis.

Good luck,
Jason

On Sun, 2012-04-01 at 12:11 +0800, Catein Catherine wrote:
> Dear Sir or Madam,
> Dear Sir/Madam,I am trying to set the VMD_PLUGIN_PATH so that I could run GROMACS to read in AMBER's mdcrd files directly. Could you mind to teach me how to set the VMD_PLUGIN_PATH to the following directory?/home/Softwares/vmd_ied/lib/vmd/plugins/LINUX/molfile
> Should I do it by adding following lines to the .bashrc file in my working directory?
> VMD_PLUGIN_PATH=/home/Softwares/vmd_ied/lib/vmd/plugins/LINUX/molfile
> If it is not the properly way of doing it, please kindly let teach me how to do it properly. Many thanks.
> Best regards,
> Catherine

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida