Re: [AMBER] rfree: Error decoding variable 1 3 from:

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 14:42:44 -0400

Hello,

I'm getting used to a new mail client, I apologize for replying
off-list. I'm moving it back to the list for now.

On Thu, 2012-03-29 at 16:07 +0200, Elisa Frezza wrote:
> I wrote the following input file but it does not work
>

> run: MD
> &cntrl
> imin = 0, irest = 0 , ntx = 1,
> nstlim = 2500000, dt = 0.002,
> ntc = 2 , ntf = 2,
> ntt = 3, gamma_ln = 2.0,
> tempi = 298.0, temp0 =298.0,
> ntb = 1 ,
> ntpr = 250 , ntwx = 250, ntwr = 500 ,
> cut = 9,
> ig = -1
> ioutfm = 1
> nmropt=1,

As Prof. Case mentioned, you need to set ntr=1 in your input file in
order to read the group input for cartesian restraints.

> /
> &ewald
> nfft1 = 90,
> nfft2 = 90,
> nfft3 = 90

You removed the closing of this namelist (/). Each namelist is
specified with a

&namelist_name
variable1=value1, variable2=value2,
variable3=value3,
/

Notice the &namelist_name and the / to start and end the namelist,
respectively. Each namelist for Amber (and any Fortran program that
takes a namelist input) must be specified this way.

> Keep DNA fixed with weak restraints
> 0.05
> RES 1 48
> END