Re: [AMBER] GTX680

From: Aron Broom <broomsday.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 13:30:30 -0400

Ha, thanks for the correction concerning the consumer cards.

To follow-up on your point then, do you think you'll be getting an
opportunity to test a GK110 when it comes out and give us the scoop? I had
so much hope for the new Keplers, it would be really sad if we have to
stick with the older technology. As much as I liked being able to buy
cheap consumer cards, I'm fine with the idea of having consumer specialized
cards that deliver for gaming and another set that deliver for GPGPU.

Anyway, I'll keep holding onto the hope that the GK110 gives something
amazing like 2x the speed of an M2090. I also heard a rumor, of dubious
reliability, that the GK110 would have 384-bit memory BUS rather than the
256 of the 680.

~Aron

Aron Broom M.Sc
PhD Student