Re: [AMBER] assignment of partial charge to fullerene2160

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 14:55:04 +0200

Dear Gargi Borgohai,

If I understand you, you assigned 'manually' charge values to atoms...
If so, I think this is quite dangerous. At least to get some idea
about charge values in your fullerene case, you could look at ESP
charge values generated by GAMESS/Gaussian or Firefly when using the
CHELPG or Connolly surface algorithm (these charge values are NOT made
equivalent by the QM program)... This could guide you what could be
the charge values for the carbon atoms...

More generally, if all the atoms are chemically equivalent this likely
means that all the charge values should equal zero (I wonder if this
was not already discussed in the Amber mailing list).

regards, Francois