Re: [AMBER] atom type of Sulphur in CYS/CYM (MCPB)

From: ashwini gupta <wini657.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 10:03:53 +0530

Dear Ben & Tong,

Thanks for the reply. I do understand that the only difference between the
two atoms in CYS and CYM is with respect to charges. I actually need to
build a non-standard residue, mimicking CYM and assign the sulphur atom of
the new residues atom type, SH. Thus I was wondering, whether it picks up
the SH details of CYM or CYS.

I am facing another problem, again with charges on the carbon atom and i
guess this problem, could be because of the atom type SH having different
charges

As already explained the metal centre contains a CYS residue which forms a
coordinate bond with the metal using the SG and O. Please find the mol file
of the metal centre attached (metal_centre.mol).

When I use CYM to define CYS, I get very weird values for the charges on
Carbon (CG and CB) for all residues. As an example,
for restraint = 2 , i get CG of MET = 3.25465 and CB for CYS = 1.10889
for restraint = 1 , i get CG of MET = 3.04881,and CB for CYS = 1.92083
for restraint = 0, i get CG of MET = 2.96875,and CB for CYS = 2.08634

I am also attaching the three xml files generated using MCPB.

When i used CYX instead of CYM ( although i should not be using it since it
only defines cys with disulphide bridges), I get normal charge values, but
I end up with a system with some non-integral charge (~ -0.311). Although
the topology files are generated, i cannot even start any equilibration
simulation (after two rounds of minimization), as it gives the following
shake error

vlimit exceeded for step 49; vmax = 31.9392
vlimit exceeded for step 52; vmax = 112.2335

     Coordinate resetting (SHAKE) cannot be accomplished,
     deviation is too large
     NITER, NIT, LL, I and J are : 0 1 650 1279 1280

I guess this problem arises because the system is not completely
neutralized.

I have earlier performed one successful metal site parameterization ,
followed by simulation, so i dont think thr is a problem with the protocol
that i am using. I have a feeling that somehow the charge calculation are
creating this whole problem.

Thanks,
Ashwini