Re: [AMBER] charges for ion and surrounding residues at the active site

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 08:02:44 +0100

Dear Jorge,

> I understand
> http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-1.ph
> is the *route to go* and programs Ante_R.E.D.-1.x & R.E.D. III.x should
> suffice (besides the amber programs, of course). Now I should study and
> apply the mentioned tutorial.

The global strategy is at:
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-1.php#1

   Ante_R.E.D. R.E.D. LEaP
  PDB ---> P2N ---> mol2 ---> prmtop/prmcrd

Concerning the generation of the P2N file(s) you better use R.E.D.
Server/Ante_R.E.D. 2.0 as only the version 2.0 does handle chemical
equivalencing between different group of atoms. Ante_R.E.D. 1.x is
only useful is some particular cases.
See http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDS/news.php#2

You do not need to register to use Ante_R.E.D. 2.0 at R.E.D. Server:
See http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDS/faq.php#3

Concerning the differences between R.E.D.III.51 and R.E.D.
Server/R.E.D. IV; see the logos "R.E.D.-III.x compatible" &
"R.E.D.-III.x incompatible" in yellow color at
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-3.php

regards, Francois

>>> http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-1.php and c)