Re: [AMBER] Amber for Cuda on Mac OSX

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 15:03:52 -0400

On Mar 16, 2012, at 10:35 AM, George Tzotzos <gtzotzos.me.com> wrote:

> I'd be grateful for any information regarding known issues for installing Amber for Cuda on Mac OSX. My graphics card is NVIDIA Quadro 4000 and my Mac a 2 processor 12 core machine running on OSX 10.6.8
>
> Any information on compilers etc. would be likewise much appreciated.

Last time I tried (wayyyy back when), it was more or less impossible.

I you want to give it a try now, you will have to hack the configure script to change the gnu compilers to "compiler -m32", where compiler is gcc, gfortran, and g++ where the compilers are specified (since I think the Mac version of nvcc is 32-bit only).

This may or may not be enough. As a note of hope, the build process, particularly for the CUDA version) has been greatly simplified since the last time I tried.

HTH,
Jason