Re: [AMBER] Amber10 paralel installation

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 16:08:21 -0500

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 10:06 PM, Shaandar Nyamtulga <nyam100.hotmail.com>wrote:

> Hi
> I am going to install Amber10 paralel on mpich2 based Beowulf cluster.
> -Must I install gfortran before mpich2 installation or it does not really
> matter?

You need a Fortran compiler before you build MPICH2, because it needs to be
built with Fortran support. If you plan on using gfortran as your Fortran
compiler (and not ifort, for instance), then the answer to your question is
"yes, you must install gfortran first".

> -If so, is there any other package which must precede mpich2?

Depends on your system. Some Linux distributions might not come with all
of the necessary prerequisites, but the "configure" phase of the mpich2
installation should tell you what is missing, if anything.

HTH,

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida
Ph.D. Candidate