Re: [AMBER] Question about Simulated Annealing procedure

From: filip fratev <filipfratev.yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 06:08:35 -0800 (PST)

Dear Carlos,
Thanks for your
answer and helpful comments!

About the
sampling.. I initially performed two independent 50 ns-long SA's and then the
procedure that described previously. My aim was to describe the possible complex
formation of two proteins that consist of nearly 750 residues each. Thus, I
included initially only the epitope residues (about 60) and the study was
concentrated on the question whether the loop X of protein X can interacts with
definite portion of protein Y.  I didn't
expect that will obtain the "perfect" conformation of loop X, but
some general information of this structurally unknown complex. I decided to use
such approach because can benefit of the Amber 11 CUDA version.

If you have some
additional comments I will be thankful!

I also want to
thanks to Ross, Scott and all Amber team that made possible one to perform more
then 650 ns simulation of such complex on a desktop machine!

All the best,
Filip