Re: [AMBER] same simulation using different random seeds on GPU

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 09:01:59 -0800

Hi Oliver,

You are not specifying tempi. Thus it defaults to 0.0. Hence there are no
initial velocities and therefore the random number generator is not used
(with ntt=1). Hence the value of ig will have no effect and your simulations
will therefore be totally deterministic as you observe. Any differences you
see with the CPU version are just the result of divergence caused by
rounding differences during summation which the GPU code is not affected by.

All the best
Ross