Re: [AMBER] Issue with mmpbsa

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 17:41:24 -0500

Do you have any ions or waters that you're trying to keep? I've never seen
this issue before unless there's _something_ happening in which atoms are
either kept or not kept which the user didn't expect. Look at the default
value for strip_mask for MMPBSA.py and compare that to the atoms you expect
to delete or keep in your topology files.

I don't realy think I have enough information to make too many guesses...

HTH,
Jason

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 8:58 AM, Nick Rakowski <nickkowski.yahoo.co.uk>wrote:

> Amber Users
>
> I'm attempting to run a mmpbsa/gbsa calculation on a ligand, receptor
> system. I have all the required parmtops - solvated complex, complex,
> receptor and ligand and a 10 nsec MD run. Before running the scripts my
> system is intact and visualization shows no issues. Once the co-ordinates
> are extracted, the receptor is fine, and the ligand is mostly intact.
> However, a sugar ring in the ligand is completely mangled. This occurs with
> both Python and Perl scripts. I am using Amber 10.0 - does anyone have any
> suggestions?
>
> I have already checked the naming conventions, and tried reproducing the
> parmtop files. Why does it only affect 1 sugar ring, when the rest of the
> ligand is ok?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Nicholas Rakowski
> Email: nickkowski.yahoo.co.uk