Re: [AMBER] Mixing GAFF and OPLS force field

From: Thomas Schlesier <schlesi.uni-mainz.de>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 18:17:46 +0100

I meant the same as Francois, mixing two force fields is dangerous.
Better to stick with one. The problem is the interaction between both
force fields, think nobody investigated how they should interact. So if
you find a way for doing this and want to publish your results you must
convince the reviewer of the journal that your way has absolute no flaws.
If you accomplish this, and can convince many people, than i think you
can hope for many citations (because it is now accepted that one can mix
both force fields). But this would need very much work.
So the easier way is to use one force field and stick with it, since you
want to investigate your system. And not how to mix two force fields
(much more work then only to investigate your system).