Re: [AMBER] Mixing GAFF and OPLS force field

From: Guoxiong Su <gsu3.mail.uh.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 10:31:10 -0600

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your help. The question you asked is exactly what I want to say. I can manually modify the prmtop file to make sure that 'GAFF-particles' use AMBER combine rules and 'OPLS-particles' use OPLS combine rules. However, I don't know how to set up the LJ parameters between 'GAFF-particles' and 'OPLS-particles'.

Regarding the website you gave me (http://virtualchemistry.org/index.php), I read the article by Dr. Spoel et al (Carl Caleman, Paul J. van Maaren, Minyan Hong, Jochen S. Hub, Luciano T. Costa and David van der Spoel Force Field Benchmark of Organic Liquids: Density, Enthalpy of Vaporization, Heat Capacities, Surface Tension, Isothermal Compressibility, Volumetric Expansion Coefficient, and Dielectric Constant, J. Chem. Theor. Comput., 8, 61-74 (2012).DOI). They found that the organic solvents with OPLS force field generate slightly better properties than those with GAFF. So I want to model benzonitrile with OPLS force field.

Sincerely,
Guoxiong