Re: [AMBER] Mixing GAFF and OPLS force field

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 17:27:25 +0100

Dear Guoxiong Su,

Mixing two force fields is always dangerous.

I would compute a highly consistent set of charges for all the
molecules to be studied. If you want to use OPLS you can find a RESP
approach for OPLS.
See R. H. Henchman and J. W. Essex, J. Comput. Chem., 1999, 20, 483?498.
This approach should be easy to implement in the R.E.D. program.

A new box for benzonitrile can be created for Amber.... Then, whatever
you decide to use (may be try first SCNB = 2.0 & SCEE = 1.2) your
benzonitrile box has to be tested/studied...

regards, Francois