Re: [AMBER] GFP Chromophore 1EMB.pdb,

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 08:30:26 -0500

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012, Yasuo Kurita wrote:

> I am trying to make an equilibrium calculation of 1EMB.pdb for preparing
> Gaussian09 code
> "SAC-CI ONIOM" calculation of GFP chromophore to get a light emitting spectra.
> The Residue type of chromophore is CRO which is not a standard Amino
> acid residue.
> So "saveamberparm" command reject to make the top and res files.

We need lots more information: exactly what you did, and what the exact
error message is. All you say above is that saveAmberParm fails: no one could
help with so little information.

As a guess: if you just read in a PDB file with an unknown residue (CRO),
saveAmberParm will fail. See the antechamber chapter in the Users' Manual, or
tutorial B4 for instructions on how to set up a ligand. This is mainly for
non-covalent linkages, but it might be a good start.

....good luck...dac