[AMBER] loading of fullerene2160

From: gargi borgohai <gargib2011.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 18:45:50 +0530

Message: 2
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 07:26:59 +0100
From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Subject: Re: [AMBER] loading of fullerene2160

Dear Gargi Borgohai,

> Thank you for your reply. I am using AMBER10. The
> problem is that I am not even able to load the molecule in xLeap. The pdb
> file of fullerene C60 can be loaded, but without
> bond connectivity . Loading of frcmod and prepin files solve this problem.

the "bondbydistance" command should add the bonds to a molecule loaded
in the PDB file format...

x = loadpdb fullereneXXX.pdb
bondbydistance x

> But the problem arises with giant fullerenes like C720 and C2160. I think
> the problem is related to frcmod and prepin files which I am not able to
> generate for these molecules.

for each new molecule/molecular fragment you need to create a force
field library in a file format (off, prep, mol2 or mol3; see
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/leap-mol3.php)

> To the best of my knowledge, antechamber can
> not be used for molecules with large number of atoms.

I think antechamber deals with large molecules; the key here is not
the size of the molecule but chemical equivalencing... I am not sure
Ante_R.E.D. 2.0 can handle this type of molecule...

> So please let me
> know how to load the pdb files of these molecules and save the prmtop
files.

You first need to create a force field library with atom
connectivities, charge value(s), atom type(s) and atom names.

if you decide to use R.E.D., I would create a P2N file with identical
atom names in the 1st column of atom names.
See http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-1.php#ATOM-NAME

Finally, I would first check in literature...

regards, Francois

> Dear Gargi Borgohai,
>
>> I have the pdb file of fullerene2160. I am trying to
>> load the molecule, save the parameters and to give a homogenous charge
>> distrbution on all the carbon atoms. Will you please let me know how can
>> do it successfully.
>
> If you consider all the carbon atoms of your fullerene chemically
> equivalent (as they should be - to be checked) and if the total charge
> of your molecule is zero, this likely means the charge value of each
> carbon equals zero.
>
> I would check what charge values are used in the literature for your
> molecule or similar ones...
>
> regards, Francois

Respected Sir,
                     I followed the tutorial for R.E.D. At first
Ante_R.E.D. program was executed to convert pdb file to p2n file. Using
.p2n and .log input files when I run R.E.D. the following comments appear:

WARNING:
A unique atom name column is detected
The atom names in the PDB (& Tripos) file(s) will be incremented

 WARNING:
 No three atom based re-orientation found in the P2N file
 Re-orientation will be done according to the GAUSSIAN Algorithm!

 * Selected QM Software *
   GAUSSIAN

                 * Software checking *
       Gaussian [ NOT FOUND ]
       resp [ NOT FOUND ]

 ERROR: Some program(s) cannot be executed

Sir how should I proceed to get the mol2 file successfully.

Thanking you,
                                                             Sincerely
                                                            Gargi Borgohain