Re: [AMBER] tLEaP

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 18:20:20 +0100

Dear Alex,

- You _MUST_ check the impact of this intra-mcc on the fitting step in
your case! We hope to extend the application of the statistics module
in this case...

- Rounding off errors at 10-4 (or 10-3/10-2) is another issue; I hope
we will release soon an answer to this problem for a large collection
of FF libs in relation with the "addions" command of LEaP. Check that
the total charge of your unit exactly equals to what you expect...

- Now, the answer related to your question: the "sequence" command is
convenient to build test models (i.e. test bond connection between
units), but in general it is not used to generate an input set of
Cartesian coordinates for MD simulations (except if you do not have
any experimental structure). So in general, you load all the FF
libraries in LEaP, and then the PDB file (i.e. experimental data with
the set of 'wanted' Cartesian coordinates) of your polymer with your
RNA-peptide modification;
-> the FF libs will match the PDB file if the residue/atom names in
the PDB file agree withe these in the FF libs, and you will generate
the prmtop/prmcrd files for your molecular system with the 'wanted'
Cartesian coordinates...

I hope this helps...

regards, Francois