Re: [AMBER] compiler-dependent error: "Invalid atom or grouping specified in restraint."

From: Jan-Philip Gehrcke <jgehrcke.googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 17:21:25 +0100

Dear Jason,

we've reduced the test case to having the `rest` file only contain

> &rst
> iresid = 0,
> restraint = "torsion [:70.C1, :70.O5, :70.C5, :70.C4]",
> ialtd=1,
> r1 = 35,
> r2 = 50,
> r3 = 60,
> r4 = 75,
> rk2 = 10,
> rk3 = 10,
> &end

vs.

> &rst
> iresid = 0,
> iat=1144,1146,1147,1154,
> ialtd=1,
> r1 = 35,
> r2 = 50,
> r3 = 60,
> r4 = 75,
> rk2 = 10,
> rk3 = 10,
> &end

In the first case (new syntax), sander -- as before -- crashes on the
Centos 5.7 / GCC 4.6.2 build.

In the second case (old syntax), both sanders (Ubuntu 10.04 / ICC 12.1
and Centos 5.7 / GCC 4.6.2 build) run fine.

Hence, it looks like an incompatibility between the code of the new
syntax parser and the GCC version 4.6.2 (and probably older versions, as
we've observed the problem before) and/or the build environment in use
(Centos 5.7). How should we proceed to further track the problem down?

Thanks,

Jan-Philip