Re: [AMBER] loading of fullerene2160

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 19:09:04 +0100

Dear Gargi Borgohai,

> I have the pdb file of fullerene2160. I am trying to
> load the molecule, save the parameters and to give a homogenous charge
> distrbution on all the carbon atoms. Will you please let me know how can i
> do it successfully.

If you consider all the carbon atoms of your fullerene chemically
equivalent (as they should be - to be checked) and if the total charge
of your molecule is zero, this likely means the charge value of each
carbon equals zero.

I would check what charge values are used in the literature for your
molecule or similar ones...

regards, Francois