Re: [AMBER] compiler-dependent error: "Invalid atom or grouping specified in restraint."

From: Jan-Philip Gehrcke <jgehrcke.googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 17:06:25 +0100

Jason,

as I am still quite new to Amber, I am not sure what you mean. Could you
give an example? You say this old syntax is cryptic, so I would say that
translating the natural language to the cryptic language is not a good
general solution to this problem.

I assume that trying this translation is important for debugging
purposes -- so, how should we start there?

Cheers

On 01/27/2012 04:28 PM, Jason Swails wrote:
> What happens if you _don't_ use the "natural language" syntax and use the
> rather cryptic, old Amber one instead?
>
> On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 8:51 AM, Jan-Philip Gehrcke<jgehrcke.googlemail.com
>> wrote:
>
>> Huhu!
>>
>> We're using Amber 11 (including all bugfixes up to last week) and observed
>> a compiler-dependent error while parsing a DISANG file in sander. For ICC
>> 12.1, things work properly, while for GCC 4.6.2, sander crashes. Details
>> below.
>>
>> We've assembled a small test case. It is performing a minimization of some
>> system with sander, using this input (min2.in):
>>
>> &cntrl
>>> imin = 1,
>>> maxcyc = 6000,
>>> ncyc = 3000,