Re: [AMBER] superimpose on first snapshot

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 11:02:31 -0500

Hi,

Centering/imaging followed by an RMS fit is definitely the way to go.

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 9:05 AM, Simon Becker
<simon.becker.uni-konstanz.de> wrote:
> side of the other one. So far my experiments with the center and image
> keywords were unsuccessful.

Imaging with multiple molecules can definitely be challenging. A
general strategy that works for me is to do one round of
imaging/centering for each molecule I have, each time adding one more
molecule to the mask. For example, for 2-stranded DNA where each
strand is considered a separate molecule I use:

# Strand 1
center :1-30 origin mass
image center origin
# Strand 1 + Strand 2
center :1-60 origin mass
image center origin

If you post some more details about your system (# of molecules etc)
along with the commands you have already tried, we may be able to give
you more detailed advice.

-Dan