Re: [AMBER] Problem with magnesium ions using FF10 in leap

From: Jesper Sørensen <jesorensen.ucsd.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 12:42:58 -0800

I understand that the old Mg2+ parameters are not the greatest and that in general divalent ions are problematic in a force field. In that sense it is understandable that it does just work, but at the same time when they are some of the only parameters available that is what people are going to use - hopefully knowing the inherent risks/challenges, and if not someone will hopefully question that in peer-review..
I am looking at other Mg parameters to use as well, like the Oelschlaeger et al. from 2007 in JMB. Any others that people come across would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Jesper