Re: [AMBER] Problem regarding Molecular Dynamics simulation of DNA using Parmbsc0 and ff99sb

From: <steinbrt.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 09:31:01 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

> I performed MD simulation using pmem.cuda (AMBER 2011 package) on GPU
> workstation and found that trajectory does not stabilized even after
> 10ns.
> the details are as follows :

at first glance your output rmsd plots do not look unusual to me. The rmsd
hits a value of about three, stops rising and oscillates there. What do
you think the plot should look like? It depends on your system, but you
will never see a complete 'flat' rmsd curve, since your system continues
to explore conformational space. It is hugely dependent on your simulation
conditions and starting structure, but seeing a macromolecular rmsd of ca.
3 A for a solvated protein may be expected. You will have to do much more
analysis to get a better feel of what is really going on in your system,
i.e. visualization, clustering analysis, 2D-rmsd and longer simulation
runs are the first ideas that come to mind.

Kind Regards,

Dr. Thomas Steinbrecher
formerly at the
BioMaps Institute