[AMBER] Issue with HowToCompileAmberTools1.5AndAMBER11WithUbuntu10.04.3LTS.html

From: Jan-Philip Gehrcke <jgehrcke.googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 15:34:06 +0100

Hey,

I've read and followed

http://ambermd.org/HowToCompileAmberTools1.5AndAMBER11WithUbuntu10.04.3LTS.html

Under "Serial compilation", section "AMBER", there is no configure step
mentioned. Also, according to that manual, it is not necessary to
execute AT15_Amber11.py.

I exactly followed this manual. Hence, I incorporated all bugfixes.
During `make serial` in $AMBERHOME/src, I got an error like

cannot stat: ../../AmberTools/src/netcdf/include/*.mod -- no such file
or directory

(I lost the original message.) In fact, I verified that there was no
directory $AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src/netcdf/include. I've then executed
AT15_Amber11.py, because I've seen that one of its patches deals with
exactly this directory. I invoked `make serial` again and it finished
properly.

AT15 bugfix 24 should "automagically" apply the AT15_Amber11.py script.
However, following the steps of the manual it does not seem to work
properly. I believe that either the AT15_Amber11.py step should be added
to the manual or the bugfix 24 is not working correctly.

Thanks,

Jan-Philip