Re: [AMBER] PES for dialanine

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 09:32:46 -0500

you can read the ff99SB article to see how we developed it. it was not
based on the alanine dipeptide, but on the tetrapeptide. for the
dipeptide in the gas phase, the alpha helical conformation should not
even be a local minimum.

what is important to keep in mind is that the MP2 calculation you did
is in the gas phase- so what experiment are you using for the
comparison you mention below?