[AMBER] clarification regarding the charge on the cluster in MCPB

From: kanika singal <singalkanika1.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 14:45:49 +0530

Dear AmberUsers,

I am naive in the modeling tools and please excuse me for this.

I am doing a simulation of a metalloprotein. I am using MCPB for metal site
parameterization. I need some clarification on the cluster charges assigned
to the active center for charge calculation using gaussian (large model in
MCPB).

In both the tutorial as well as the example, 0 charge is assigned to the
cluster containing the metal ion and the bound residues and their
respective capping. Considering that the metal ion has +2 charge and all
the residues with their capping are neutral, shouldn't the cluster charge
be equal to +2 rather than 0. Can anyone please clarify on this.

Thanks and Regards
Soma