Re: [AMBER] ptaj: RMSD

From: Astrid Maaß <astrid.maass.scai.fraunhofer.de>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2012 14:49:13 +0100 (CET)

Hi George,

in case you are still looking for a solution, I could imagine that the pdb-file of a crystal structure does not exactly match the number/order of atoms in your topology file (e.g. added hydrogen atoms). I don't recall my own example exactly, but I think stripping the system until there was a 1:1 relation of reference atoms and snapshot positions before reading in the reference.pdb and issuing the rms command helped me some time ago.

Good luck
 Astrid

P.S.: Did ptraj eventually give a warning/complaint concerning the reference.pdb?