Re: [AMBER] how to set the dist.RST file in SMD using Amber11?

From: Adrian Roitberg <roitberg.ufl.edu>
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 20:50:50 -0500

HI all

This is an SMD file to be used with jar=1 for SMD runs

It sets up two groups, each described as the center of mass of the atoms
listed in the file.

Should be easy to modify for your own purposes.

Adrian

On 1/3/12 8:20 PM, pxc.cqu.edu.cn wrote:
> Hello amber users,
> Happy new year!
>
> I'm trying to simulate the process of membrane protein transferring peptide, and I repeated the example following the amber tutorial. But I don't kown how to set the dist.RST file in my simulation. I think the peptide should be taken as a whole, the distance between CA in the backbone of membrane protein and the center of mass of peptide should be changed. So how to set r2, rk2, r2a, igr1, igr2, grnam2, and grnam2(2) and what the meaning of igr1, igr2, grnam2, and grnam2(2)? I have read the tutorial, but I can't fully understand. Could you give me some advice? Thanks.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Xc PAN

                            Dr. Adrian E. Roitberg
                                  Professor
                Quantum Theory Project, Department of Chemistry
                            University of Florida
                              roitberg.ufl.edu