Re: [AMBER] free energy calculation: turn off the VDW interactionbetween ligand and protein

From: Bing Xiong <bxiong.mail.shcnc.ac.cn>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 08:21:49 +0800

Dear Dr. Steinbrecher,

>so the end state system prmtop does not contain the ligand. Since you run
>the calculation using groupsander on both prmtops, your ligand will still
>be 'there' at lambda=1, but it will not interact with anything else (but
>maintains its internal potentials).
I am still wondering this issue. As you said, the internal potential of ligand is still remains. But as in State 0 (pro+lig), the energy is: V0=V_pro_internal+V_lig_internal+V_pro_lig, in state 1(pro), only V1=V_pro_internal remains. So the energy difference at lambda=1 equals V_pro_lig+V_lig. How do we include the ligand internal potential in ?

Best wishes,

Bing

Bing Xiong
2012-01-04