Re: [AMBER] 2D RMS

From: Thomas Cheatham III <tec3.utah.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 17:23:05 -0700 (Mountain Standard Time)

> is anyone aware of how to add/label axes in a 2D RMS plot? It seems like
> this command has fallen out of favor lately, but I find it very useful.

Most people use other programs like DPlot or gnuplot (or even XmGrace) to
view these files. The postscript dump as an initial hack as I had no good
program to view these. It is not optimal since it is so large and B+W.
You can edit the PostScript directly to alter features; of course this
requires learning PS.

> Unfortunately, the axes aren't labeled in the post-script file like they
> are with the more commonly used "rms" command.

Labels are not "labeled" with RMS either; rms only produces a data file.
For 2drms if you want the data file, specify "raw" instead of "ps".

--tec3