Re: [AMBER] problems with getting right parameters ...

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2011 14:11:05 +0100

Urszula,

I looked at your SUN_am.moL2; the charges look... terrible; no charge
equivalencing at all even between the hydrogen of the methyl groups!?
I just hope there is an option to make the charges for these methyl
hydrogens equivalent...

Moreover, you computed the charges for a modified serine with a
NH2-group and a aldehyde-group for the peptide backbone; you will not
be able to include this molecule within the backbone of your protein:
in your case you need a central fragment.

You could follow the following strategy by using R.E.D. Server:
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-3.php#24
  or from a single P2N file
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-3.php#25
in your case the side chain of your dipeptide would consist in the
side chain of a serine with this covalently linked nerve agent to serine

if the conformation you get after geometry optimization does not look
reasonable (i.e. different to that you expect) you could split the
Serine dipeptide and the linked nerve agent into two different
building blocks (BD); in this case, you will have to define an
additional inter-molecular charge constraint between these 2 BD.

regards, Francois