Re: [AMBER] amber - TUTORIAL A9

From: Atila Petrosian <atila.petrosian.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2011 15:55:04 +0330

Dear Thomas

Very thanks for your attention.

Studying of the script clarified my ambiguities. If I want to do your
tutorial,

  1 2 3
__________________

   4 5 6

For each transformation and in each substep 1->4, 2->5 and 3->6, I should
do minimization,
equilibration<http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial9/equi.in>
 and production
<http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial9/prod.in>for each
lambda.

I have a question about Running and Analyzing the MD simulations section.
In tutorial, there is
Transformation: Remove charges from BNZ H6 - Medium: Water

Lambda DVDL rms ksteps TEMP rms PRESS rms
 Density rms Filename

0.100 -5.424 1.193 100 299.55 5.96 2.8
 360.7 0.9842 0.0038 bnz_prod_v0_l1.out

.
.

.

                       .

.
                                                 .

0.900 -7.445 1.308 100 300.14 6.07 4.9
357.4 0.9835 0.0043 bnz_prod_v0_l9.out

You pointed only to bnz_prod_v0_lx.out ( x= 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) and not to
bnz_prod_v1_lx.out. why?

Are bnz_prod_v0_l1.out file and bnz_prod_v1_l1.out file identical?

Do not need to use bnz_min_v0_l1.out or bnz_equi_v0_l1.out files?

How do you obtain these data from *.out files?

For example, DVDL = -5.424

 Best Regards