Re: [AMBER] will AM1-BCC good enough for GAFF lipids?

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 09:06:09 +0100

Dear Albert,

If you look at literature, you can find:
- the work of the group of Woods:
http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/08927020701710890
  -> i.e. for GLYCAM based on RESP charges
- the work of the group of Gould
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/jcc.20675/abstract
  -> i.e. for GAFF.
You could look at the work of Stephane Abel about glycolipids
See http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21192681
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDDB/project/F-72/

Thus, I think you should follow your idea & demonstrate it works ;-)

You could use R.E.D. Server to derive RESP or ESP charges and build
the corresponding force field libraries for POPE and derivatives.

I CC this email to Stephane in case it does not read it...

regards, Francois