Re: [AMBER] combination of CHAMBER prmtop and pmemd.cuda is causing serious instability

From: Marc van der Kamp <marcvanderkamp.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 15:07:47 +0000

It would be great if the pmemd.cuda people (Ross, Scott?) could confirm
that pmemd.cuda has indeed not been tested with the combination of a
CHAMBER prmtop and NPT.
Is this assumption true?
And, will there be efforts to test this and iron out potential
bugs/problems?

As I'm expecting my system to change conformation, I would really prefer to
run the production MD with NPT (as opposed to NVT after NPT equilibration).
It would be a pity if I need to do (expensive) multi-CPU pmemd.MPI runs
instead of using the superspeedy pmemd.cuda on a single GPU card...

If this would be helpful, I'd be happy to try and set up some small
test-systems (e.g. alanine dipeptide in waterbox) and see if I can
replicate the problem.

Thanks,
Marc