Re: [AMBER] adding a phosphate group to a protein

From: Marc van der Kamp <marcvanderkamp.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 09:08:14 +0000

Hi Chad,

You're in luck. Phosphorylated residues have been parameterized for the
AMBER force-fields (e.g. ff10, i.e. the protein force fields ff99/ff99sb):

N. Homeyer, A.H.C. Horn, H. Lanig, H. Sticht
J. Mol. Model. 2006, 12, 281-289.
AMBER force field parameters for phosphorylated amino acids in different
protonation states: phosphoserine, phosphothreonine, phosphotyrosine and
phosphohistidine

You can find the necessary library (.off) and frcmod files in the
collection maintained by the Bryce group in Manchester:

http://www.pharmacy.manchester.ac.uk/bryce/amber

So, you can simply:
- edit your pdb so that the TYR to be phosphorylated is renamed to Y1P or
Y2P (depending on the phosphate protonation state you want to model)
- download the .off and .frcmod files from the above website
- load these files and then your modified pdb in tleap/sleap/xleap and set
up your system as normal

Hope this helps,
Marc