Re: [AMBER] alpha helix structure consist of Alanine

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 11:57:53 -0500

most of the relevant data for such systems is from NMR and CD, not
crystallography. The helix content is too strongly affected by
crystallization. See the reference below for some MD and experimental data
of peptides like what you want.

Song, K., Stewart, J., Fesinmeyer, M. Andersen, N., Simmerling, C.,
“*Structural
Insights for Designed Alanine-rich Helices: Comparing NMR Helicity Measures
and Conformational Ensembles from Molecular Dynamics Simulation*”,
Biopolymers, 89:747-760 (2008)