Re: [AMBER] addles "old coordinate file not specified"

From: Jenny C Brookes <j.brookes.ucl.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 16:10:59 -0000

> no addles won't work, since it replicates the atoms in the same positions.

I thought that would work: as long as I just do one copy (with no images
on top of the same coordinates) for each dimer position as a trick to make
one large inpcrd file (in the test run I was going for 2 parts but the
idea ultimately is to go for 60) and one large prmtop file.

> I'm not sure why you aren't loading the original coordinates into Leap-
> the
> geometry is getting lost when you only load the dimer. Maybe you can keep
> trying to tell us what information you have and what you want to do- why
> split into 60 mol2 files?

I have one large .pdb file with 60 x dimer units. The dimers are a
repeated unit that form 2 concentric rings. 30 in each ring. Each dimer is
224 atoms. I first ran a simulation parameterizing the dimer only and now
I would like to simulate the 2 concentric rings.

Since the dimer is the repeating unit then I only really need one .prmtop
file to describe all the interactions but I need all the 60 X .inpcrd's so
I can describe the particular geometry. I am running namd for the MD
simulation and there does not appear to be a way to use the same prmtop
file for several coordinates (?). So I am trying to make one large prmtop
file and one large inpcrd file and I thought addles might be a way.

I have tried using tleap to solve this problem:

So I create a .lib file for the dimer:

tleap -f leaprc.ff99SB

source leaprc.gaff

LIG=loadmol2 dimer.mol2

check LIG

loadamberparams dimer.frcmod (as parameterized from previous simulation)

saveoff LIG dimer.lib

saveamberparm LIG dimer.prmtop dimer.inpcrd

Then to parameterize for all 60 dimers:

tleap -f leap.ff99SB

source leaprc.gaff

loadamberparams dimer.frcmod

loadoff dimer.lib

ring=loadpdb ring.pdb

saveamberparm ring ring.prmtop ring.inpcrd

quit

Although the .pdb file is never read correctly in the loadpdb step and the
parameter files are never created. I have checked the .pdb is in AMBER
compatable notation and each dimer (LIG)is separated by TER, but then
there appears to be trouble with duplicate atom names. So I became stuck
at this point also.

Sorry If I haven't explained the problem too clearly. Any more guidance is
much appreciated.

Best wishes,
Jenny