[AMBER] addles "old coordinate file not specified"

From: Jennifer Brookes <j.brookes.ucl.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 12:25:50 -0500

Dear Amber users,

I have .prmtop and .inpcrd files for a dimer unit which is one lattice unit
that makes up an ordered assembly. I would like to make input files for the
whole assembly (x60 of the dimer unit). So I have one prmtop file that
describes all interactions (dimer.prmtop) and several coordinate files. To
do this, just to test the principle, I have first tried using addles to
generate the input files for a pair of dimer units. So I try a script
addles.in:

file rprm name=(dimer.prmtop) read

file ucrcd name=(dimer.inpcrd) pack 2 read

file wprm name (neb.prmtop) wovr

file uwcrd name(neb.inpcrd) wovr

action

omas

space numc=2 #prt 1 224 done

*EOD

addles < addles.in > addles.out

But the inpcrd file is not read or re-written and I get the following error
in addles.out:

'Warning-old coordinate file not specified'

'New Coordinate file will not be created'

The .prmtop file is written but not the .inpcrd file. If I create the
neb.inpcrd by hand and view neb.prmtop and neb.inpcrd in VMD the atom
assignments are all wrong for the 2 dimer units.

If I follow the instructions in the 'nudged elastic band' tutorial:

http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial5_amber9/section3.htm

I also get similar issues (the .prmtop file is generated ok, but not the
.inpcrd). Please does anybody see what the problem may be?

With thanks,

Jenny