Re: [AMBER] problems in reading molecule in tleap/xleap

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2011 08:17:58 +0100

Dear Dr Case,

> My take (others, especially FyD may wish to elaborate):
>
> It *is* possible to use antechamber for non-standard amino acids (see option
> 2 here: http://ambermd.org/antechamber/example.html), but it is way too
> complex (this example has seven steps). RED also has a learning curve, but
> has lots of examples and authors who are willing to provide help and advice.

In R.E.D. Server, one can by now build the 2 terminal & the central
fragments for a modified amino-acid or a modified nucleotide directly
from a _single_ dipeptide or nucleoside molecule (a single P2N file),
respectively. No need anymore to add the methylammonium, acetate
and/or dimethylphosphate molecules (internally stored) and no need to
define the constraints during the charge fitting step to design the
fragments (automatically added); all is handled by the server...

See http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-3.php
     http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-3.php#25
  & http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-3.php#27

We will continue to develop such 'simplified' protocols for users...

regards, Francois