Re: [AMBER] molecule out box and correct hbond analysis

From: Bruno Rodrigues <bbrodrigues.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 09:56:00 -0200

Try this command (let's suppose each of your molecule has 10 residues, for
example):

 trajin trajectory.dcd
center :1-10 mass
image origin center
center :1-20 mass
image center familiar
center :1-30ass
image center familiar
center :1-40mass
image center familiar
image familiar

hope this helps

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 2:20 PM, Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com> wrote:

> You should be able to center your 4 molecules and reimage all of your
> solvent around them, in which case your won't have to worry about
> imaging artifacts when using the hbond command. That assumes your box
> is large enough so that there is a decent amount of clearance between
> the molecules of interest and the box edge.
>
> -Dan
>
> On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 11:39 AM, mirage . <m.o.m.live.fr> wrote:
> >
> > Thank's,
> > I am studying the complexation of four molecules (host:guest) in a
> solvated system. I want to count the number of hydrogen bond versus time
> (inter, intra and with water of my four molecule) using VMD. As water
> molecules are outside of the primary box, I thought it necessary to do
> reimage.
> >
> >> Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 10:15:47 -0400
> >> From: daniel.r.roe.gmail.com
> >> To: amber.ambermd.org
> >> Subject: Re: [AMBER] molecule out box and correct hbond analysis
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Currently the hbond routine does not use imaging. Ideally you would
> >> use the center and imaging commands to reorient your molecules of
> >> interest so that imaging is not a factor prior to using the hbond
> >> command. Can you please post a little more information about your
> >> system and how you tried to re-image it?
> >>
> >> -Dan

> a part of one molecule is out box ? How to do a correct hbound analysis in
> this caseThanks
> >> >

> >> --

Bruno Barbosa Rodrigues
PhD Student - Physics Department
Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais - UFMG
Belo Horizonte - Brazil